Thursday, January 13, 2011

This fraggle rocks!


We really wanted to see the Jim Henson exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry before it wraps up on the 23rd. For those fortunate to have weekdays off, the museum is free this month. Unfortunately, we have to go on the weekend - which means we have to fork over $13 + the $5 for the exhibit. Chicago Public Library has a really awesome program called Kraft Great Kids Museum Passports. You don't have to have kids to get in. You can get in 4 adults with one card! Finding these elusive passes is like playing a really suspenseful game. I learned today that you gotta play that game with the phone. I called about 5 libraries within a 5 mile radius of my house and none of them had it. Then, my final call went to the Mayfair library at Lawrence & Elston. The woman on the other end of the phone said that there were 2 passes left. They won't place a hold on these, so I rushed to put on my coat and shoes and drove over to the branch which is about 2.3 miles from my house. It took a while during rush hour traffic, but I made it there and back in about 40 minutes. I probably spent $1 on gas. So, I saved our household $25. This means we might be able to GO OUT after the visit. How about that?

1 comment:

  1. Pro tip: go early! Katey took the boys and couldn't even get in to the muppet exhibit!

    ReplyDelete